You won’t be lacking for things to do when you plan to spend a day (or more) at Universal City Walk in Orlando, Florida. This entertainment complex is filled with everything from souvenir shopping to well-known performances by theater stars like Blue Man Group. In the midst of all of this busy activity, you are going to find yourself getting hungry. Of course, since the place covers over 30 acres of space, there are plenty of restaurants to satisfy your cravings.
Here are the 10 restaurants to consider.
- Bob Marley Tribute to Freedom – You’ll find dining, drinking and dancing at this restaurant, which is set up to resemble the famous reggae musician’s home. The restaurant offers historical information about Marley’s life and the role his music played in our history. It also offers Jamaican cuisine and drink specials, but the experience is at least as important as the food.
- Bubba Gump Shrimp Company – Remember the scene in Forrest Gump where they list all of the different shrimp dishes that you could make? You’ll find them all–plus some other foods for the people in your group that aren’t interested in shrimp–here.
- City Jazz – As the name would suggest, you’ll find live jazz music playing at this restaurant. You’ll also find a full menu of your favorite foods.
- Emeril’s – You might not think of fine dining when you’re headed to Orlando, but that doesn’t mean it’s not available. If you’re hoping to locate a romantic restaurant with wine on the menu and a celebrity chef in the kitchen, look no further than Emeril’s.
- Hard Rock Cafe Orlando – You don’t need an introduction to the Hard Rock Cafe. You’ve probably visited one or two of them around the world before. But what you need to know about the one at City Walk is that it’s the biggest of all of them!
- Jimmy Buffet’s Margaritaville – You will go here for the drinks. With three different bars designed after bars mentioned in the singer’s drinking songs, you can help but want to imbibe some alcohol. But you’ll be happier if you also eat the Caribbean-inspired food that fills up the menu at this live music restaurants.
- Latin Quarter – Pretend that you’ve traveled to South America by exploring the tastes of over 20 Latin American nations at this restaurant. The style is a combination of Latin and Native American influences from decor to dessert.
- NBA City – If you think you know every basketball stat there is, challenge yourself with a trip to this educational spot. Or just got and watch the game on one of the big screen tv’s that you’ll find here. Burgers and buffalo wings will satisfy the appetite that you work up cheering for your favorite team.
- Pastamore – If you’ve got a big group, you need family-style dining. Order big plates of Italian food and set them in the middle of the table for everyone to share. Top it off with gelato that tastes like it came straight from Italy.
- Pat O’Brien’s – Do you wish that you’d gone to New Orleans instead of Orlando during your vacation? Go no further than this restaurant, which recreates the southern party city.
Photo credit: tboard