A visit to Tomorrowland brings you into the “future with such popular attractions as Space Mountain, Stitch’s Great Escape and Buzz Lightyear. The design of this land allows the guest to feel transported into the future, especially with its dramatic look of Space Mountain and the Astro Orbiter attractions.
Tomorrowland is very impressive at night, as the neon lighting of the land really add to the Tomorrowland futuristic look.
- Stitch’s Great Escape – this attraction was recently changed from Extraterrorestrial Alien Encounter and is now more family friendly. After the pre-show, you will be seated in a circular area in a custom designed seat that will be part of the ride experience. As you view the presentation and Stitch does escape, he will seem to move around the room and act in typical Stitch fashion. This multi sensory experience had some scary elements including total darkness during some portions of the presentation. This attraction may not be suitable for young children.
- Time Keeper – this twenty minute tour through time features a 360 degree movie with Audio-Animatronic characters. This attraction is presented in a standing room only, so kids may complain about standing throughout this presentation. This is a seasonal attraction – check the park guide to see if it is open when you visit.
- Space Mountain – This roller coaster is one of the Magic Kingdom’s most popular attractions. It takes place in total darkness and provides high speed turns. Although the actual speed is only 28 miles per hour, the ride feels much faster and scarier to the rider. The minimum height requirement is 44 inches and children under 7 must ride with an adult. It is not recommended for pregnant women or for people with heart or back problems.
- Astro Orbiter – this attraction is perched high atop the Tomorrowland Transit Authority. This two minute ride takes you on a flight in rockets and gives you a great view from above of tomorrowland.
- Carousel of Progress – this attraction is presented in a circular, moving theater. The presentation allows you to view a family in different decades to spotlight different advancements and achievements made through the years. The attraction uses audio-animatronics and as you pass through the years, the theater rotates around.
- Tomorrowland Transit Authority – this 10 minute relaxing ride takes you around Tomorrowland in a slow moving (10mph) vehicle. The ride passes through the Buzz Lightyear attraction and Space Mountain.
- Tomorrowland Indy Speedway – these sports cars run along a track as you or your child steer and work the pedal. Once you load into your vehicle you can maneuver around the track trying to steer into the turn. Although there are no brakes, you will find that removing your foot from the pedal slows down the speed of your car. The one lap trip takes approximately five minutes to complete. You must be at least 52 inches to drive the car by yourself.
- Buzz Lightyear – this 4 Â½ minute ride takes you into the world of Buzz Lightyear as he battles Emperor Zurg. As an honorary Space Ranger, you pilot your two person vehicle as you fire at targets throughout the ride. As you hit your targets you earn points that are displayed on a scoreboard inside your car. When the ride approaches the end you can check your score to see how you rank as a Space Ranger.