Frontierland will bring you into pioneering times as you visit the area of the park with two of the most popular attractions. With Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain this area of the park brings its guests high excitement attractions.
From family favorites such as the Country Bear Jamboree to Tom Sawyer’s Island – Frontierland offers something for everyone to enjoy.
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad – This four minute high speed thrill ride is one of the Magic Kingdom’s most popular attractions. The ride contains over 2700 feet of track and reaches a top speed of 33mph (faster than Space Mountain). You must be over 40 inches tall to ride and it is not recommended for pregnant women or for people with heart or back problems. FAST PASS is suggested on this ride.
- Splash Mountain – This flume ride takes you on an eleven minute ride to the theme of the movie, Song of the South. With the last drop of 52 feet at a 45 degree angle, chances are you will get wet. You must be over 44 inches tall to ride and it is not recommended for pregnant women or for people with heart or back problems. FAST PASS is suggested on this ride.
- Shooting Arcade – This area is made up of rifles with infrared bullets. You can shoot the rifles to hit targets that will create sound and visual effects. This area requires additional fees to play – and is not included in the park admission.
- Country Bear Jamboree – This 17 minute show is hosted by life-sized audio animatronic bears that entertain you with their songs. Audiences will sing along, stomp their feet and clap their hands at this popular attraction. Note: this show changes to a Holiday version of the Country Bear Jamboree between Thanksgiving and New Years.
- Tom Sawyer Island – this island is part of the Magic Kingdom but is only accessible by taking a raft across the Rivers of America. The island is only open during daylight hours and contains bridges, and places to explore.
- Goofy’s Country Dancin Jamboree – This 18 minute audience participation show is hosted by Goofy and his friends (usually Jessie, Woody and Bullseye from Toy Story 2). The show includes musical songs and country line dancing that involves the audience members.
See Frontier Land Dining