Fantasyland is the storybook area of the park, where beloved classics like Dumbo, Peter Pan and Winnie-the-Pooh come to life in full scale attractions. Fantasyland is a big hit with the younger guests who can’t seem to get enough of attractions like "it’s a small world" and Mad Tea Party (teacups).
Fantasyland tends to get very crowded from the mid-morning to late afternoon times of day. It is always best to visit this area as soon as you enter the park, or late in the evening before the park closes.
The Fantasyland attractions are highlighted below:
- Cinderella’s Golden Carrousel – this attraction boasts 90 horses, so even with a long line, your wait is usually minimal. This carrousel was originally used in Olympic Park in New Jersey back in 1917.
- Fairy Tale Garden – this small theatre area is located next to Cinderella’s Castle. Several times during the day, Belle from Beauty and the Beast performs a story in this outdoor stage area. Seating is very limited and usually fills up quickly. If your child (or you) are big Belle fans, this is the best way to see the Princess.
- Mickey’s Philharmagic – this attraction debuted in the Fall of 2003 and is quickly becoming a Fantasyland favorite. The presentation is a 3D experience where you watch the show on a 150 foot wide screen. Special effects are included to make you experience the show from every seat in the theatre.
- It’s A Small World – This slow moving, 10 minute boat ride was originally created for the New York’s World Fair (1964-1965). The attraction takes you passed hundred of dolls dressed in costumes that represent countries around the world. This is a wonderful family attraction that most kids want to experience over and over again.
- Peter Pan’s Flight – This attraction makes you part of Peter Pan’s flight to Neverland as you leave the nursery and sail high above London as you travel to meet the Lost Boys, the Mermaids and even Captain Hook. Fastpass is available and recommended for this ride.
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh – This fun-loving attraction takes you on a tour through the Hundred Acres Woods. You will meet Pooh, Tigger, Piglet and Owl as you ride in your honey pot shaped vehicles. FastPass is available and recommended for this attraction.
- Pooh’s Playful Spot – This area, directly across from the Winnie the Pooh ride is a soft-surface play zone, designed for young guests.
- Dumbo – This 16 car ride allows riders to fly with Dumbo and you can control your height of your flight with the lever inside the car. This two minute ride gives you a great view of the Fantasyland attractions.
- Ariel’s Grotto – This area is tucked behind the Dumbo ride, and many people walk right by it without even realizing it. Refurbished in 2004, this area is hosted by the Little Mermaid herself as she greets visitors throughout the day. The line here is usually quite long, but there are areas for the children to climb on to keep them occupied.
- Mad Tea Party – this attraction takes you for a spin as you ride in oversized tea cups. This ride is not for people with weak stomachs or who suffer from motion sickness.
- Snow White’s Scary Adventures – this name of this attraction does contain the word scary for a reason. Although the ride is based on the movie, Snow White and the Seven Dwarves, the Evil Queen makes sudden appearances during your three minute ride and has been known to frighten youngsters.
See Fantasy Land Dining