Southwest has a carry on luggage policy that must be closely followed. Additionally, passengers must also realize that they their carry on luggage is subject to TSA regulations. It is important to know all the details of Southwest’s carry on luggage policy before you head to the airport.
Carry on bags must meet the following requirements:
1. Each passenger is allowed to carry on one bag, as well as one personal-type item. This can include a food container, laptop computer, briefcase, purse, etc.
2. Southwest limits carry on bags to 10 x 16 x 24 inches. Anything larger than this is not permitted to be carried on, and must be checked in the belly of the plane.
3. A carry on bag must fit in the overhead storage or under your seat.
The following items are not considered carry on luggage:
1. Outer garments including hats, jackets, etc.
2. Assistive devices including crutches, canes, and other similar items.
3. Child safety seat for any child with a ticket.
With these guidelines in mind, it will be easier for you to plan your trip. Just remember, you must follow the requirements of Southwest airline as well as the TSA.
If you are going to be flying Southwest in the future, be aware of their carry on requirements before you head to the airport.
By: Stuart Seeger –