The Indonesian island of Bali is a famous summer vacation playground. With good weather at most times of year and cheap prices to welcome Western tourists, plus a booming tourism industry to make your vacation comfortable, there are plenty of great activities to keep you busy – or relaxed – during a Bali getaway.
- Go cruising, for example to Lembongan Island, and many other destinations to see reefs and smaller islands.
- Visit Waterbom Park: this amusement park has various water slides, a climbing wall, river rafting and other water adventures.
- Get your hair braided – all along the tourist areas, you’ll find women ready to plait long hair for a very reasonable rate.
- See monkeys at the Mandala Wisata Wanara Wana sacred monkey forest sanctuary near Ubud – they have long-tailed macaques there along with three temples in the middle of the forest.
- Go shopping. Just stepping outside your hotel is bound to land you in the midst of markets and shops, but if you want to do some serious credit card swiping head to shopping centers like Geneva, Kuta Square or Bali Galeria.
- Take a tour to the Kintamani Volcano with its great views and often combined with visits to traditional villages nearby.
Photo credit: didiz | fotokahwin.com